Been a busy week being the first week of the holidays. Trying to juggle time with the family and fitting in work. Attempting to make the kids the priority but still fulfilling commitments. Phew..
A roundup of my week:
High – Clothes shopping with Jessica – first real mum and daughter girlie shopping trip. Choosing and trying on clothes followed by treats of Millies Cookies
Low – struggles with arranging childcare over the holidays, having to ask favours of friends to help out here and there. The real low being getting a response from a close friend that really upset me. The old saying of you find out who your friends are when you need them is oh so true!
Good – Visiting prospective new schools in preparation for the move, and finding one that I’m really happy with – Decision made!
Bad – A rather disturbing knocking noise on the car that I am currently ignoring
Enjoyed – our family adventures this week to the Room on the Broom Trail in Wakefield, a Cinema trip & time at Kirstall Abbey – loving the holidays (check out my work blog lifewithminime.com for reviews)
Not enjoyed – The weather! Why is it on my days off with the kids the weather has to be pants. The days I am working, or they are off at their dads its glorious sunshine – frustrating to say the least!
Mundane – I really want to say that I’ve got up to date with the ironing – but it would be a lie. The washing did however get done – although looking in the washing basket you’d never know it
Out of the ordinary – A Saturday morning walk round a local beauty spot with just me and hubby. No loading the car with kids scooters, packing snacks and drinks, hearing the phrase ‘are we there yet’. And to boot, we actually got some sunshine! Not only that we treated ourselves (rather than the kids) to ice-cream too!
Grateful for – being my own boss. A lot of the time its hard and stressful, but the advantage being that come holiday time it gives me the flexibility to work less, be at home more and enjoy the time with the family.
Linking up with #TWTWC
Whilst I would love to find the time to do a daily (Daly lol) blog, its never going to happen, and it gets to the end of the week and I try to remember what we’ve got up to. I want to make a concerted effort to recall the highs, lows, good, bad, what was enjoyed, what wasn’t enjoyed, the mundane and the out of the ordinary and to finish on at least one thing I can say I’m grateful for.
I’ve come across a linky that I like (for anyone else that might happen to read this thats a non blogger its just a link up with other bloggers on a certain subject) – entitled The Week That Was – Captured that I think will give me a bit of a prompt each week.
- Watching the girls in sports day and seeing them achieve 1st place in their respective races
- Losing my temper with the girls on the morning of their last day at school when they hadn’t got any of their stuff ready as they’d said they had the night before causing us to be late. However, this led me to make a resolution to not lose my temper for the whole of the weekend – major challenge!
- Remembering to buy and sort out teacher presents (my intention was to make stuff with the kids.. but hey, best of intentions and all that!)
- forgetting to take J’s PE kit in to school for a dance workshop (see good mummy bad mummy blog post for details!)
- an impromptu picnic in the park after school
- getting on the scales after supposedly starting a health kick to see a 1lb gain!
- Getting half way to work on Saturday to remember I’d forgotten an essential piece of kit and having to turn around, put my foot down and whizz home to collect it
Out of the ordinary
- Managing a whole weekend without raising my voice to the kids – huge concerted effort, lots of deep breaths, thinking before speaking, looking for alternative ways to handle situations and keep a calmer household
- My childrens ability to forgive me for my failings, without question, without delay – inspires me to try and do better next time
Phew.. busy week!