I often try to live under the guise that I am always a positive, upbeat, everything has a silver lining sort of person.
Reality check – I am of course totally and utterly NOT, certainly not all the time. Especially recently, on more days than I would like to admit, I’ve been GRUMPY. I have most definitely been showing all the ailments of Grumpy Mum Syndrome. I find symptoms manifests in a number ways, it usually has more than one cause (a bit of a build up) and I can advise on tried and tested ways to cure it.
Grumpy Mum Syndrome
please be aware that severity of signs and symptoms can increase dramatically and without warning
- Tutting and sighing
Gradualincrease of shrillness of tone Gradualincrease in volume of voice
- Underbreath muttering – this can often escalate quickly to outright screaming
- Banging of cupboard doors, room doors, car doors – any door really that will give a really good loud BANG
- Gesticulation of hands in every direction
- Use of stick rather than carrot to get desired results (manifesting as ‘grounding if you don’t, .. rather than ‘ice-cream when you do’..)
What makes mum grumpy – where do i start!
- Repeat, repeat, repeat – if I’ve asked once, I’ve asked 100 times – SERIOUSLY!
- Continual making of mess – especially immediately after cleaning
- Inability to follow any sort of instruction or request without questioning it
- All in the household appear to have lost their hearing
- Bickering, whingeing, whining, moaning
Try them, they work!
- Employment of a full time nanny, cleaner, cook, taxi driver, homework tutor, fashion advisor
- Failing that – just a bit of consideration, help, love and cuddles – would be a start
The thing is, I don’t want to be grumpy, I want to be the eternal optimist, seeing blue skies and sunshine beyond the grey clouds, I want to be happy, and cheerful and emanate positivity – but who am I kidding! Unless I manage to suddenly transform my family in to the Waltons thats just never going to happen.
Ok, deep breath, centring ones chakra (REALLY!), I can do this parenting thing I’m sure. Tomorrow is of course another day (thankfully), I get to wipe the slate clean, try again – banish bad mummy and let good mummy reign supreme once again.
linking up with #bestandworst