So I received a nomination from Becky vs The World for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers (thank you, really brought a smile to my face). Bit of a surprise as it means that someone actually reads my blog, and likes it enough to want to know more about me maybe (now sat with warm fuzzy feeling ha ha)
I’ve seen a few similar sort of blogs doing the rounds, and really enjoy reading them. There’s something about reading random facts, no matter how insignificant about people – gives you a bit of an insight in to who they are. So I thought – deff one to take part in.
So the rules for the award are simple :
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate five blogs.
My questions from Becky are:
1 . What is your dream job?
May sound pretty boring, but would love to be a Stay at Home Mum. Of course, I would also like it to be better paid, better hours, more help. But in todays society, it is such a rareity to be able to have the choice to stay at home – nowadays its expected for you to return to work, almost frowned upon or you are seen as a bit weird if you don’t.
2. Who is your favourite singer/ band?
Depends on my mood, it can range from Nickleback, to Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd to Norah Jones. Love nothing more than dancing around the room to Maroon 5 or singing my heart out to Meatloaf.
3. What’s your perfect night out?
Anywhere with a dancefloor, music and great company – so that would be hubby or my bezzie mate. Also a good range of Mocktails to choose from would be favourable and a curry before midnight to top it off.
4. What’s your perfect night in?
Hubby, kids in bed, domino’s pizza, tub of Hagan Daaz Prauline & Cream icecream and 2 spoons (both for me, one in each hand lol.. ok.. I’d share if forced to!)
5. What’s the last thing you bought online?
A bikini for my 6yr old from ebay – its August and can I find any swimwear left in the shops ready for our holidays – can I heck!
6. Who is your favourite blogger?
Hard one, as I read a few. But I suppose my loyalty is with Mary @ The Hearty Life – she’s a pal and introduced me to the world of blogging. Her blogs are honest, real with great photos. I also think when you know someone personally, its great to keep up to date with whatever they’ve been up to, thinking about and feeling
7. Why did you start blogging?
I wanted to keep a journal of my family life. I kept a written journal from being 14 to 22 and I love to read back over it (often with hot pink cheeks from the embarrasment of what I wrote back then!) Blogging seemed a modern way to do it.
8. Who is the last person you spoke to on the phone?
My husband – he tends to text, which is fine for a quick message, but I’d much rather have a real life conversation.
9. What inspires you?
My children – always a source of inspiration (as well as frustration!) Their capacity for love, forgiveness, their desire to learn and create astounds me everyday. As much as they drive me completely and totally insane, I often wish I could be more like them.
10. What is your favourite animal and why?
Fat cats. We had a cat called Pudding who sadly at 17yrs old went to the cat basket in the sky last year. In his hay day he was the biggest, fattest, furriest thing you’d ever seen, his purr was like a coo of a pidgeon, he gave the greatest cuddles and was lazy beyond belief.
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
- Shoes – flats or heels?
- What is your favourite city?
- What pizza topping would you choose?
- If you could be a person from history to be, who would it be?
- Whats your earliest memory?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What cocktail/mocktail would you order?
- What was the last thing you took a risk on?
- Your dream holiday destination, where would you go and with whom?
Your turn now – get your thinking cap on
Linked up with #momsterslink