Whilst I would love to find the time to do a daily (Daly lol) blog, its never going to happen, and it gets to the end of the week and I try to remember what we’ve got up to. I want to make a concerted effort to recall the highs, lows, good, bad, what was enjoyed, what wasn’t enjoyed, the mundane and the out of the ordinary and to finish on at least one thing I can say I’m grateful for.
I’ve come across a linky that I like (for anyone else that might happen to read this thats a non blogger its just a link up with other bloggers on a certain subject) – entitled The Week That Was – Captured that I think will give me a bit of a prompt each week.
- Watching the girls in sports day and seeing them achieve 1st place in their respective races
- Losing my temper with the girls on the morning of their last day at school when they hadn’t got any of their stuff ready as they’d said they had the night before causing us to be late. However, this led me to make a resolution to not lose my temper for the whole of the weekend – major challenge!
- Remembering to buy and sort out teacher presents (my intention was to make stuff with the kids.. but hey, best of intentions and all that!)
- forgetting to take J’s PE kit in to school for a dance workshop (see good mummy bad mummy blog post for details!)
- an impromptu picnic in the park after school
- getting on the scales after supposedly starting a health kick to see a 1lb gain!
- Getting half way to work on Saturday to remember I’d forgotten an essential piece of kit and having to turn around, put my foot down and whizz home to collect it
Out of the ordinary
- Managing a whole weekend without raising my voice to the kids – huge concerted effort, lots of deep breaths, thinking before speaking, looking for alternative ways to handle situations and keep a calmer household
- My childrens ability to forgive me for my failings, without question, without delay – inspires me to try and do better next time
Phew.. busy week!